The European Textile Technology Platform (Textile ETP) is the manager of a highly engaged European community of researchers, technology developers, industry innovators and multiplier organisations from the textile and clothing sector.
We act as a think tank, strategic connector, training and EU funding access provider for our members across Europe. We are managing open innovation and learning communities in areas such as circular economy, biobased, digital and smart textiles.
Our small and dynamic team of 6 is looking for a Communications & Project Assistant to join us in Brussels. In this role, you will:
- Support the implementation of the communications strategy, by (among others) drafting articles for our newsletters, website and members’ platform, creating social media posts
- Support the management of the SmartX Innovation Hub by preparing webinars, managing content on our platform and social media incl. editing videos
- Support the Textile ETP’s work in EU projects by drafting content for social media and newsletter, producing videos, attending project webinars and meetings, coordinating communication work with project partners from across Europe
- Across all the above activities, support in event organisation, including occasional travel
You will report to the Communications Manager (who is charge of all communications activities of Textile ETP and our EU projects), and the Project Manager (who is coordinating the smart and technical textiles programmes of the Textile ETP). You will have the chance to have deep insights into the full scale of tasks and activities related to communications, community and project management, and depending on your knowledge of innovation and textiles, you will have a chance to work on related content as well.
Profile and skills
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Excellent drafting skills for high quality written communication material in English
- Good office/communications IT and social media skills knowledge:
- Video production on software like Adobe Premiere: video edits and shorts/reels production (experience with Instagram or TikTok is a plus)
- MS Office including SharePoint, Teams & other videoconferencing tools
- Email marketing tools
- Graphic design basic knowledge on software like InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop is a plus
- A passion for technology, innovation and creativity in textile or related sectors is a strong plus.
The successful candidate for this role will be a team player, who is organised and keen to learn.
At the Textile ETP, we encourage constructive criticism independent of hierarchy, and are looking for a new team member who is reliable, able to listen, give and take feedback and is open and supportive towards colleagues, our members and partners.
What we offer
- A Brussels-based, full-time position with many opportunities to learn and grow, with a possibility to turn into a full-time employment contract
- A Belgian traineeship contract: Convention d'Immersion Professionnelle (CIP) for 6 months requiring a EU citizenship.
- Monthly salary of € 1.200,-
- Monthly reimbursement of public transport and daily meal vouchers (total approx.
€ 200,- /month)
- Mentoring and support
- A dynamic international work environment in a modern workplace in the heart of the Brussels EU quarter which we share with our larger sister organisation EURATEX.
- Partial work from home allowed
Expected start of the contract: late March-early April 2024.
How to apply
To apply, please send a short but precise and meaningful motivation pitch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by your CV.
Send your application including “Textile ETP - Communications & Project Assistant” in the subject line until 25 February 2024. Note that we are evaluating applications on a rolling basis.