The European Textile Technology Platform (Textile ETP) is the manager of a highly engaged European community of researchers, technology developers, industry innovators and multiplier organisations from the textile and clothing sector. We act as a think tank, strategic connector, training and EU funding access provider for our members all across Europe. We are managing open innovation and learning communities in areas such as circular economy, biobased, digital and smart textiles.
We have been established since 2013 right in the heart of Brussels European quarter and have been steadily growing over the last years.
We are looking to hire a Finance and Administration Officer to join our dynamic team. As our Finance and Admin Officer you:
- Handle financial and accounting-related operations such as creation, sending and follow-up of invoices, timely payment of bills, processing of staff expense claims and monthly credit card statements, upload of all documents into our web-based accounting system.
- Take care of HR related processes such as management of the Social Secretariat tools, follow-up of staff absences, management of restaurant vouchers, insurances etc. and support the team with other administrative issues they may have
- Deal with our external providers for IT, communication, travel, financial and meeting-related services
- Support with financial reporting of European projects
- Support in the organisation of meetings, events, training and team building activities
- In case of need, support the managers of our masterclasses and communities in their daily interaction with subscribers/members or the organisation of workshops and webinars
You will do all this with full support of a motivated and accountable team in a spirit of constant improvement, personal learning and professional growth. You will receive full handover support from your (part-time) predecessor.
To succeed as our Finance and Administration Officer, you should be a self-starter, able to work independently and creatively, be reliable in planning and implementing your tasks, able to listen, give and take feedback and constructive criticism independent of hierarchy, be open and supportive towards colleagues and members, be committed to and accountable for the quality of you work, while not being afraid to ask for help.
Required experience & skills
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in finance, HR and other organisational admin function, preferably within a European environment
- Fluent proficiency in English and either French or Dutch
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, Belgian HR processes (Social Secretariat)
- Proficiency in use of online accounting and banking systems
- Excellent office IT skills (MS Office incl. Sharepoint, Teams etc.)
- Experience in meeting/event organisation is a plus
- Curious, fast learner with an eye to constant improvement of your work
- Good general communication skills
- Good time management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- True team-player
- We don’t care about your degree as long as you can convincingly demonstrate your professional experience and proficiency in the tasks and skills described above.
We offer you:
- A full-time or 4/5 job with ample opportunities to learn and grow.
- A dynamic international work environment in a modern work place in the heart of the Brussels EU quarter which we share with our larger sister organisation EURATEX.
- A very flexible home working policy
- A competitive compensation package adapted to the level of skills and professional experience
- A Belgian employment contract requiring primary residence in the country
Starting date will be 1 February 2023 latest, preferably earlier.
To apply, please send a short but precise and meaningful motivation pitch by email to email@example.com, accompanied by your CV and any references we could follow-up with to learn more about your current/past work achievements. All applicants with complete application will receive meaningful feedback.
Send your application including “Finance-Admin Officer” in the subject line until 31 December 2022 (23:59 Brussels time).